Gift Tag Days - Tag Two - Embroidery and Boho Tassels

Hi Friends!
Day two of tags is here and I'm back with a little bohemian number.
I'm loving all the fringe, embroidery and tassels floating about textile, stationary and home goods shops. It's such a fun mix of textures to play with, whether in the home, in apparel or even in paper form. So I'm featuring a few of these trends on this little tag today.


I started this little number with Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #1 die, I watercolored the bottom portion with a pretty fuchsia color from Zig - Dark Pink and Light Carmine. Atop that, I stamped and fussy cut a few Stampin Up florals in black, an used my Zig Clean Color Markers to color in the various layers. I think these florals look just like all the embroidery I've been seeing (and loving!)  all over the place, and I love that the embossed vellum adds a bit of soft + wispy texture to all the layers.


I recently found the most adorable jeans with fringed denim at the bottom, but opted to pass, since I know my clumsy self would trip all over them....Instead, I decided on this little bit of pretty fringery at the top of the tag...I think it's a pretty happy compromise :) 


For added texture, I adorned the tag with itty bitty buttons, and some more pom-pom fringe at the bottom - I found this trim at Paper Source, but this looks like a good alternative. 

On top of the floral layers, I added a die-cut sentiment, using Papertrey Ink's Wonderful Words: Thank You die, colored with Zig Markers, and lined with a Uni-Ball white pen (a.k.a. best white pen ever made, imho).


This tag reminds me a bit of a Fiesta...Bright, loud and colorful.
All of my favorite things :)

Have a great day friends. Don't forget to join me for day three!

Ivana

No comments

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!